Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

cross section plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am going to plot a quantity of a point vs time in 2D structural mechnic,In-plane Eulet beam. In cross section plot parameter even I can not select U,V,th which are the dependent variable for point?strange, How could I plot u or v versus time in transinet analysis only for a specific point?

I would appreciate if you help me.

Best
version 3.5a

1 Reply Last Post Aug 28, 2010, 5:48 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 28, 2010, 5:48 a.m. EDT
Hi

when I want to plot point diplacement over time I mostly use the "Postprocessing - Domain plot parameter - Point" tab, but in fact "Postprocessing - Cross section plot parameters - Point" tab also accepts u & v (3.5a)

if you want to plot u &v on the same graph you need to do it twice as these GUI do not accept arrays, only single variables (or one single expression).
You can select the "keep plot option" and plot the second variable on top of the first

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi when I want to plot point diplacement over time I mostly use the "Postprocessing - Domain plot parameter - Point" tab, but in fact "Postprocessing - Cross section plot parameters - Point" tab also accepts u & v (3.5a) if you want to plot u &v on the same graph you need to do it twice as these GUI do not accept arrays, only single variables (or one single expression). You can select the "keep plot option" and plot the second variable on top of the first -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.