Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

save boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

The system that I am modelling is composed by 14 unities that are equal and they have the same boundary conditions. As each of the unity has a lot of boundaries, it is almost impossible to introduce the boundary conditions for the 14 unities. Is there any possibility to introduce the boundary conditions only in one unity and then copy them to the other 13? I am looking for this information in the tutorial but I can´t find it. It would be very helpful to have any answer.

Thanks in advance!

I.L.

2 Replies Last Post May 12, 2010, 11:35 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 11, 2010, 4:34 p.m. EDT
what you can do is to rename the group that the boundary condition is and then assign that group to other 14 boundaries.

cl.ly/04236a55cd51d6faa76f

1- define 1 boundary.
2- while keeping everything unchanged click on the group tab. you will see one of the groups highlighted. down under change the name to say "structural velocity".
3- now when you go back to the boundary list, select the rest of the boundaries and change the group name from below to "structural velocity".

that should do it.
what you can do is to rename the group that the boundary condition is and then assign that group to other 14 boundaries. http://cl.ly/04236a55cd51d6faa76f 1- define 1 boundary. 2- while keeping everything unchanged click on the group tab. you will see one of the groups highlighted. down under change the name to say "structural velocity". 3- now when you go back to the boundary list, select the rest of the boundaries and change the group name from below to "structural velocity". that should do it.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 12, 2010, 11:35 a.m. EDT
Thanks!It works
Thanks!It works

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.