Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature Dependent Irreversible Expression

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on a transient thermal model in which the temperature cycles from a lower temp to a higher temp repeatedly, with a set of temperature dependent variables.

My problem is that once the variable reaches a local maximum temperature, I would like to be able to constrain the variable so it maintains that value until a new max temp is reached.

I was thinking it is very similar to plastic deformation, or a phase change that is irreversible.

I tried to code it into the Global Expressions as:
Tmax=0+(T<Tmax)*Tmax+(T>Tmax)*T

with my variable as something like:
Var=0.5*Tmax

but I get a circular reference error.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Replies Last Post Aug 18, 2009, 3:24 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matthew Chastagner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.