Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

question : loudspeaker driver 3D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Sorry for my bad English.

I'm studying library sample loudspeaker driver(comsol 4.3b).
I want to analysis it by changing 2D model into 3D.

I used the same Model libary of the BCs(Boundary Conditions)
ex) The coil is driven with a body load set to
linper(V0)+coil_av(acsl.u_tZ*mf.Br*2*pi*r*N0)
2D : mf.Br, --> 3D : mf.By changed

But when I try to solve this problem, comsol solver show me the error in below.
" Out of memory during assembly "
What does this error mean??

I am using xeon E5 2640 2.5GHz x2, 128GB ECC Ram with win7 64bit

I wonder if there is a BCs setting that has to be modified when 2D is converted into 3D.

Thank you for any help.

2 Replies Last Post Nov 21, 2013, 12:42 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 19, 2013, 9:46 a.m. EST
Hi

This has to do with the memory usage of your computer- your computer runs out of memory during the solving of the model. If you are using a "direct solver" try changing it to some other type, it might fix your problem. You could also try a coarser mesh (normal or coarse instead of fine).
--
/RVN
Hi This has to do with the memory usage of your computer- your computer runs out of memory during the solving of the model. If you are using a "direct solver" try changing it to some other type, it might fix your problem. You could also try a coarser mesh (normal or coarse instead of fine). -- /RVN

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 21, 2013, 12:42 a.m. EST
Hi, RVN
Thank you for your reply.
I actually tried, but it still have a problem.

multi-turn coil > in the V_coil editfield, type
linper(V0)+coil_av(acsl.u_tZ*mf.Br*2*pi*r*N0)
change : mf.Br => constant input : 1 [T]

but another error has occurred.
" segregated solver steps do not involve all components. "

look at the image attached for a clearer picture. How do I set up the boundary conditions for this type of problem.

Thank you.

Hi, RVN Thank you for your reply. I actually tried, but it still have a problem. multi-turn coil > in the V_coil editfield, type linper(V0)+coil_av(acsl.u_tZ*mf.Br*2*pi*r*N0) change : mf.Br => constant input : 1 [T] but another error has occurred. " segregated solver steps do not involve all components. " look at the image attached for a clearer picture. How do I set up the boundary conditions for this type of problem. Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.