Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem generating a movie

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to generate animation of time-harmonic magnetic field. I know the solution is OK, because when I change the phase angle in post-processor settings I see the results change. But when I try generating the animation, it generates "movie" with the same static frame. I noticed that it also happens with transient problems from the model library. Is it the problem with Comsol or with my video-codecs? How can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

5 Replies Last Post Mar 4, 2010, 2:25 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2010, 1:48 a.m. EST
Hi

could it be that you have not set correctly the phase value in the general tab to point to the imaginary part ?

Good luck
Ivar
Hi could it be that you have not set correctly the phase value in the general tab to point to the imaginary part ? Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2010, 9:50 a.m. EST
Hi Ivar,

It is possible, what is the correct way to set this value?

Thanks

Hi

could it be that you have not set correctly the phase value in the general tab to point to the imaginary part ?

Good luck
Ivar

Hi Ivar, It is possible, what is the correct way to set this value? Thanks [QUOTE] Hi could it be that you have not set correctly the phase value in the general tab to point to the imaginary part ? Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2010, 10:38 a.m. EST
I've also been having this problem with a time dependent model. The animation correctly steps through the time sequence when making the movie, but when it comes to playing it afterwards it has just put in the first step for every frame.
Robert
I've also been having this problem with a time dependent model. The animation correctly steps through the time sequence when making the movie, but when it comes to playing it afterwards it has just put in the first step for every frame. Robert

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2010, 10:58 a.m. EST
I have faced the same problem a year ago. I could not understand exactly but I think is more related to the rendering or Java stuff!! As I was using Ubuntu, so I have created the animation movie by using COMSOL in Windows and the problem was "solved"!!

I hope it helps

Cheers
I have faced the same problem a year ago. I could not understand exactly but I think is more related to the rendering or Java stuff!! As I was using Ubuntu, so I have created the animation movie by using COMSOL in Windows and the problem was "solved"!! I hope it helps Cheers

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2010, 2:25 p.m. EST
Hi

I have no particular problem with the movies (UX RedHat I believe), but I know that some of the RF modes are appearant as imaginary parts only. hence one must set the phase to 90° in the postprocessing general tab, but from the moment one can select manually the time sequence and plot it out image by image, then the movie/animation should work I agree, except perhaps if the movie format is not in line with the installed drivers, or that, as other are saying, there is a Java or movie I/F issue.

Cannot do better
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have no particular problem with the movies (UX RedHat I believe), but I know that some of the RF modes are appearant as imaginary parts only. hence one must set the phase to 90° in the postprocessing general tab, but from the moment one can select manually the time sequence and plot it out image by image, then the movie/animation should work I agree, except perhaps if the movie format is not in line with the installed drivers, or that, as other are saying, there is a Java or movie I/F issue. Cannot do better Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.