Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Set a Rigid Body

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

In my last post I have forgot to post the question, so here is the problem again!

In my problem I have a block which presses a cylinder. The block is much stiffer than the cylinder so I'd like to consider it as rigid body. How can I set this block as a rigid body?

Thanks a lot!

Hesdras

2 Replies Last Post Aug 4, 2010, 6:18 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2010, 1:59 p.m. EST
Hi

the "lazy way" is to set E the young modulus some 1000x or more stiffer than the "soft block"

Ivar
Hi the "lazy way" is to set E the young modulus some 1000x or more stiffer than the "soft block" Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 4, 2010, 6:18 p.m. EDT
Ivar,

And which way is not "lazy"? Because in this case there wouldn't be any deformation but COMSOL still will try to calculate it, am I right? And which way is better so COMSOL even wouldn't calculate deformation of this body and what happens inside it?

Thank you,

Artem
Ivar, And which way is not "lazy"? Because in this case there wouldn't be any deformation but COMSOL still will try to calculate it, am I right? And which way is better so COMSOL even wouldn't calculate deformation of this body and what happens inside it? Thank you, Artem

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.