Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Units in global ODEs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am creating a model that uses global ODEs to provide values for boundary conditions for a domain-based PDE model. The PDE model variables can be fully populated with units but the global ODEs appear to be dimensionless. Expressions built using the global variables and model variables end up with the wrong units. Is there a way to apply units to the variables defined in the global ODE node? I have searched the documentation without success.

--
Steven Conrad, MD PhD
LSU Health

1 Reply Last Post Dec 11, 2012, 4:27 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 11, 2012, 4:27 p.m. EST
Hi

Indeed I see tha too, (but only the global ODEs) not sure why, one would have to ask support ;)
But you can always multiply the dependent variable by 1*[my_units] all over ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Indeed I see tha too, (but only the global ODEs) not sure why, one would have to ask support ;) But you can always multiply the dependent variable by 1*[my_units] all over ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.