Recreating a fuel cell example using thermodynamics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to recreate the Current Density Distribution in a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell example using the Thermodynamics, Chemistry, Secondary Current Distribution, Brinkman equations and Transport of Concentrated Species in Porous Media interfaces as explained in the Solid Oxide Electrolyzer Using Thermodynamics example. So far I have encountered two issues: the new model takes exponentially longer to solve, and the results are not quite the same as the original.

I have tried using the Transport of Concentrated Species and Free and Porous Media Flow interfaces instead, and while runtimes are shorter (but considerably longer than the Fuel Cell example), the solutions still do not match the original model.

I suppose there must be a mistake in my model, perhaps a coupling I failed to implement properly. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Any help will be appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 21, 2023, 11:50 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Brayn Díaz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.