Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define a metal in the Eigenfrequency analysis?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to define a metal material (i.e. Ag or Au) in the RF Eigenfrequency analysis. I may defiene by typing in the Drude model, but how can I connect the omega in my equations to the readable omega of comsol? In mode analysis, this can be specify using the frequency definition of 'nu_rfwv', but in Eigenfrequency, what should I do?

p.s. My version is still COMSOL 3.5a.

Thanks in advance.

Xiang

2 Replies Last Post Oct 22, 2012, 6:10 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 22, 2012, 6:06 a.m. EDT
If I am not mistaken, there was such a tutorial. Please have a look at the tutorial model on photonic band calculation. It begins with the eigen frequency analysis of a dispersive structure.
If I am not mistaken, there was such a tutorial. Please have a look at the tutorial model on photonic band calculation. It begins with the eigen frequency analysis of a dispersive structure.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 22, 2012, 6:10 a.m. EDT
Many thanks for your reply, Shakeeb Bin Hasan.

Which tutorial do you mean? Version 4.x or 3.5a? Could you kindly send me a link if you have?

Regards,

Xiang
Many thanks for your reply, Shakeeb Bin Hasan. Which tutorial do you mean? Version 4.x or 3.5a? Could you kindly send me a link if you have? Regards, Xiang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.