Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Draw a Bowtie antenna in Comsol 4.3a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I want to know how to draw a bowtie antenna in comsol 4.0 or above. I tried to draw a polygon and then extrude it, But it do'nt work. In other words, I want to draw a triangluar prism in comsol.
I know that it is possible to draw a bowtie by intersecting two rotated rectangular boxes, But I want to know if there is any simpler way to do so.

Thank you all,

Abramo

4 Replies Last Post Oct 21, 2012, 6:17 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 20, 2012, 2:47 p.m. EDT
Hi

the COMSOl geometric palette lets you draw a polyline easil, by handy, you can then edit the coordinates to make them better suit your need

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the COMSOl geometric palette lets you draw a polyline easil, by handy, you can then edit the coordinates to make them better suit your need -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2012, 4:04 a.m. EDT
dear Ivar,
Hi
Thank you for the quick reply, but I don't want to draw a triangle but a triangular prism. With polygon it is possible to draw a triangle.

Thanks again
Abramo

Hi

the COMSOl geometric palette lets you draw a polyline easil, by handy, you can then edit the coordinates to make them better suit your need

--
Good luck
Ivar

dear Ivar, Hi Thank you for the quick reply, but I don't want to draw a triangle but a triangular prism. With polygon it is possible to draw a triangle. Thanks again Abramo [QUOTE] Hi the COMSOl geometric palette lets you draw a polyline easil, by handy, you can then edit the coordinates to make them better suit your need -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE]

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2012, 4:28 a.m. EDT
Hi

still I do not catch what you are missing ;) extrusion of a closed polygone (wors case combine it) is possible but ok paralle to the surface, if you need to cut it oblique, you need to create a 2nd workplane, perpendicular and make a secont extruded prism and take the difference, still rather easily done ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi still I do not catch what you are missing ;) extrusion of a closed polygone (wors case combine it) is possible but ok paralle to the surface, if you need to cut it oblique, you need to create a 2nd workplane, perpendicular and make a secont extruded prism and take the difference, still rather easily done ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2012, 6:17 a.m. EDT
dear Ivar,
now I got it, Thank you!
Good luck!
Abramo

Hi

still I do not catch what you are missing ;) extrusion of a closed polygone (wors case combine it) is possible but ok paralle to the surface, if you need to cut it oblique, you need to create a 2nd workplane, perpendicular and make a secont extruded prism and take the difference, still rather easily done ...

--
Good luck
Ivar

dear Ivar, now I got it, Thank you! Good luck! Abramo [QUOTE] Hi still I do not catch what you are missing ;) extrusion of a closed polygone (wors case combine it) is possible but ok paralle to the surface, if you need to cut it oblique, you need to create a 2nd workplane, perpendicular and make a secont extruded prism and take the difference, still rather easily done ... -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.