Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4.2a, RF MODULE, Mie Scattering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Fellows,

Can anyone send me .pdf file about Mie Scattering module, or .mph file but for 4.2a version.?

I have to learn about scattering and absorption cross section, so i think it can be very helpfull.

Thanks in advanced.

4 Replies Last Post Dec 11, 2012, 12:01 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 8, 2012, 6:15 a.m. EDT
Hi Nikola,
I'm trying to learn about scattering and absorption cross section too, but the Mie Scattering model I was able to find until now was done in the 3.5 version and I didn't succeed to solve it with comsol 4.2. Attached you can find the pdf guide of that model so you can have an idea of how to set this problem.
Let me know if you find something about how to solve scattering cross section problem in the 4.2 version of Comsol.

Hi Nikola, I'm trying to learn about scattering and absorption cross section too, but the Mie Scattering model I was able to find until now was done in the 3.5 version and I didn't succeed to solve it with comsol 4.2. Attached you can find the pdf guide of that model so you can have an idea of how to set this problem. Let me know if you find something about how to solve scattering cross section problem in the 4.2 version of Comsol.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2012, 7:31 a.m. EDT
Hello,
Is posible to get scattered field from two nanoparticle at distance 20nm and to get scattered field on a fixed point around that in COMSOL4.3?
Hello, Is posible to get scattered field from two nanoparticle at distance 20nm and to get scattered field on a fixed point around that in COMSOL4.3?

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2012, 10:19 a.m. EDT

Hello,
Is posible to get scattered field from two nanoparticle at distance 20nm and to get scattered field on a fixed point around that in COMSOL4.3?

Hello,

I am very sorry but I still don't use Comsol 4.3.

Regards,

[QUOTE] Hello, Is posible to get scattered field from two nanoparticle at distance 20nm and to get scattered field on a fixed point around that in COMSOL4.3? [/QUOTE] Hello, I am very sorry but I still don't use Comsol 4.3. Regards,

Fanny Griesmer COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 11, 2012, 12:01 p.m. EST
Dear Users:

The model to which you are referring has been replaced with:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/12415/
which has been updated for version 4.x

The following model may also be of interest:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/10332/

Best Regards,

Fanny
Dear Users: The model to which you are referring has been replaced with: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/12415/ which has been updated for version 4.x The following model may also be of interest: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/10332/ Best Regards, Fanny

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.