Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

boundary condition for outlet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i have a small doubt regarding the otlet condition in fluid flow simulation.
if i have a outlet tangential velocity is not zero, can i use outlet condition directly,
or do i need to create a imaginary long section at the outlet where the flow can be assumed to be normal and then use the outlet condition,

2 Replies Last Post Jul 11, 2012, 4:31 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 6, 2012, 3:37 a.m. EDT
Hi

if your velocity value is not a fixed value, only the direction, you could try to set up a normal velocity condition, turn on the "Preferencs - equation view" and check the constraints and weak condition COMSOL uses to get a "normal flow", then adapt this to impose an oblique flow.

At least this is my firsth thought, and I believe this should work, at least until someone can prove it will not ;).
Give it a try

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if your velocity value is not a fixed value, only the direction, you could try to set up a normal velocity condition, turn on the "Preferencs - equation view" and check the constraints and weak condition COMSOL uses to get a "normal flow", then adapt this to impose an oblique flow. At least this is my firsth thought, and I believe this should work, at least until someone can prove it will not ;). Give it a try -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 11, 2012, 4:31 p.m. EDT
Thanks Ivar,
I need to work with two phase models.
i have been working on this for weeks now. i am attaching just a test model for simplicity.
But i have been unable to get the results. please help me out. i need it desperately. thanks again
Thanks Ivar, I need to work with two phase models. i have been working on this for weeks now. i am attaching just a test model for simplicity. But i have been unable to get the results. please help me out. i need it desperately. thanks again

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.