Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hygroscopic Swelling - Equilibrium

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am currently trying so simulate the swelling of a polymer network in water by using - Solid Mechanics - Transport of Diluted Species and - Hygroscopic Swelling (as a multiphysics coupling of the both previous nodes)

Now while the physics provided by the software seem to work great for me so far and the simulated material swells, it does not stop!

I could not find it in any documentation, but is there a way to implement an equilibrium condition? Is there a boundary condition for that? Do I need to use a weak form PDE as a BC or its own physics to implement the equilibrium? I cannot imagine COMSOL giving us the feature to let somenthing swell, but not the tools to make it stop, when fully swollen...

Thank you for your help and support, Irma

0 Replies Last Post Jun 8, 2021, 1:43 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Irma Burazorovic

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.