Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting Data Correctly as a CSV (bug)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When exporting data as a CSV, I've noticed COMSOL will use the delimiting character (a comma) in cell values. When the data is imported to other software, the cells with commas are split apart. It seems like a simple thing to fix, and would be really usefull too.

I ran into the issue when exporting a probe plot, as each title is split from:

Total acoustic pressure (Pa), Point: (-7.67, -9) (one cell)

Into:

Total acoustic pressure (Pa)| Point: (-7.67| -9) (three cells, split at commas)

This means the values don't line up with their headings, as I'm exporting data from multiple probes. It also means I have to do more manual post-processing.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 11, 2021, 10:54 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 11, 2021, 10:54 a.m. EDT

Solved my own issue, you can change the delimiting character to a semicolon in the export settings. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Solved my own issue, you can change the delimiting character to a semicolon in the export settings. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.