Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to store multiple data in one dat file (.txt, etc..)??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I don't know if comsol has this option, but I'm integrating my plots varying a single parameter, then I have multiple results, one for each run.

TO be more clear, I run my system, then export the integration (by doing the typical add to export to the integral option), I get the result for this run, then I re-run my system and the only opion I have is again to export this second integration but it appears in a new data file so in the end I have two dat (.txt. etc...) files with one single result each one.

I would like to have both results in one single file to be able to plot them directly. Is this possible or I have to use a third party software to put the files together or copy paste my results in a new dat file... is quite annoying if I have not two but a lot of data.

cordially,

Christian

0 Replies Last Post Apr 3, 2012, 4:47 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christian Ortiz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.