Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

General Questions in Working with Reaction Engineering Lab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I was having a couple issues with the Reaction Engineering Lab that I am hoping to clear up.

1) I am modeling a propane combustion equation in which all reactants/products remain in the gas phase. I opted not to designate any species as "solvent" because this does not seem to accurately describe my setup. Yet, I cannot edit the information on the density of each species. When I attempt to plot the various densities in Post-Processing, they all appear as zeros. This is particularly problematic when I need to export the mixture density to a Multiphysics file. Can someone provide some insight as to what my issue many potentially be here?

2) When importing various values from the Reaction Engineering Lab, is there a way to check the variable values? In the case of the previous point, can I check the variable "rho_rxn_chns" from Multiphysics to make sure it is non-zero?

Any insight would be much provided. Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post Apr 2, 2012, 7:23 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello James Silva

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.