Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

DC resistivity method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to learn about the DC resistivity method, but I don’t know how to set the excitation electrode (copper rod) and observe the potential of the measurement electrode?

2 Replies Last Post Sep 29, 2020, 7:05 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 28, 2020, 11:14 a.m. EDT

Sounds like you should use the "electric currents" (ec) physics in the AC/DC module. Take a look at Comsol-supplied examples in the Application Library, for the AC/DC module. I'm guessing that the examples in the "Resistive Devices" category may be the most useful to you.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Sounds like you should use the "electric currents" (ec) physics in the AC/DC module. Take a look at Comsol-supplied examples in the Application Library, for the AC/DC module. I'm guessing that the examples in the "Resistive Devices" category may be the most useful to you.

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 29, 2020, 7:05 a.m. EDT

Thank you very much for your suggestion, it helped me a lot

>Sounds like you should use the "electric currents" (ec) physics in the AC/DC module. Take a look at Comsol-supplied examples in the Application Library, for the AC/DC module. I'm guessing that the examples in the "Resistive Devices" category may be the most useful to you. Thank you very much for your suggestion, it helped me a lot

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.