Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Photoelectric Effect

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am hoping comsol can model this. I want to model the photo response/QE of a cathode. The model would consist of different wavelengths of light hitting a material which would then convert the photons to electrons, hence the photoelectric effect. Does anyone know or have an idea how to set this up

I have the evaluation version right now, and if I can get this to work I will defiantly have to buy this.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 7, 2012, 6:29 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 7, 2012, 6:29 p.m. EST
You would have to setup your equations manually. I don't think COMSOL has the right equations setup in any of the modules.
You would have to setup your equations manually. I don't think COMSOL has the right equations setup in any of the modules.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.