Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error with geomplot while creating a solid face

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to make a comsol solid object in comsol with matlab using the scripts. I have faced a problem while trying to make triangular solid faces. To my surprise, it works for some of the faces and not for the others. I have included coordinates of a face which works and one which does not. See blow:

Case 1:coordinates of a face that I could be able to make a solid face:

X1=[98.8039, 98.1607,108.5693]'
Y1=[36.7363, 27.3986, 27.1507]'
Z1=[158.4480,122.2644,133.5170]'
With these coordinate points I am able to draw a patch of the face in matlab and able to make the face usig face3 (X1, Y1 ,Z1) and able draw the face using geomplot.

Case 2: coordinates of a face that I could not be able to make a solid face:
X2=[ 90.2213,109.3981,98.9929]'
Y2=[ 74.0388, 29.0457, 45.9889]'
Z1=[ 99.6007,101.8802,104.3517]'
With these coordinate points I am able to draw a patch of the face in matlab and not able to make the face usig face3 (X2, Y2 ,Z2) and not able draw the face using geomplot.
The command g=face3(X2,Y2,Z2) does not give any error but geomplot(g) gave the following error.

Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Internal error mesh initialization

Stack trace:

at meshdom.cpp, row 1288, ()

at com.femlab.geom.Geom.getRenderingMesh(Native Method)

at com.femlab.geom.Geom.getRenderingMesh(Unknown Source)

at com.femlab.mesh.GeomMeshUtil.geomMeshML(Unknown Source)

Error in ==> flgeommesh at 24
m = com.femlab.mesh.GeomMeshUtil.geomMeshML(getjptr(geom),jdetail,doSub,doFace)

Error in ==> geomplot3 at 51
mesh = flgeommesh(g,detail,doSub,doFace);

Error in ==> geomplot at 226
hh=geomplot3(g,prop);

Error in ==> threeDcomobject at 77
geomplot(g)

looking forward to your reply!
with many thanx in advance!

0 Replies Last Post Mar 5, 2012, 5:20 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pieter Verboven

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.