Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting and Exporting Density Data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I encountered some difficulties as I tried to include the material density as part of the data to be exported. What I'm trying to do is to solve for the temperature distribution of a model using the "Heat Transfer in Solids" interface. My component is made up of two different materials. This is a relatively simple task, and COMSOL returned the solution as expected. There are four columns in my exported data: x, y, z, and T (temperature) of the data point. For each of the data point, however, I would also like to have COMSOL tell me the density (or simply the material) at that particular location in addition to the temperature. Essentially, I'd like to have COMSOL produce a data set with five columns: x, y, z, T, and density (or material type). I am relatively new to COMSOL, so this might be a pretty basic task for those more experienced folks. I would very much appreciate some insight into this.

Thanks, Max

1 Reply Last Post Jul 11, 2020, 8:02 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jul 11, 2020, 8:02 a.m. EDT

Max,

material properties are available in post processing under Heat Transfer > Material Properties

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Max, material properties are available in post processing under Heat Transfer > Material Properties Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.