Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inward current

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Ciao tutti

"Inward current density" as a boundary condition troubles me. How is "inward" defined? I used that BC and then checked what the electrolyte potential at that boundary was. Then I changed the BC to "Electrolyte Potential" where I inserted the value I got from the previous run, and evaluated the current density. It had an opposite sign to the first run. Hence, my conclusion is that "inward" means towards the simulation domain. Am I right?

Lasse

2 Replies Last Post Jul 10, 2020, 11:44 p.m. EDT
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Jul 10, 2020, 8:18 a.m. EDT

Hi Lasse,

Yes, "inward" means a direction from outside the simulation domain and into the domain; typically, change the sign of the specified quantity to make it go in the "outward" direction instead (going out from the simulation domain).

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh

Hi Lasse, Yes, "inward" means a direction from outside the simulation domain and into the domain; typically, change the sign of the specified quantity to make it go in the "outward" direction instead (going out from the simulation domain). Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Posted: 4 years ago Jul 10, 2020, 11:44 p.m. EDT

Thanks for a propmt reply. Perhaps the wording could be clearer in the future version?

Lasse

Thanks for a propmt reply. Perhaps the wording could be clearer in the future version? Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.