Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

coupling a 1D geometry with a 2D geometry.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible to couple a 1D geometry to a 2D geometry the way I want to.

In fact I am trying to solve a 2D model, but at every point in this model I need to get the solution of a 1D model which depends on the solution of the 2D model at the same point. So I wanted to know if it was possible to make comsol solve the 1D model at every point of the 2D model, in order to solve this 2D model...

I pretty much want to solve the 2D model, put its solution in the 1D model as a constant, solve the 1D model, put its solution on one of the boundary in the 2D model, resolve it... until it converges.

Is there any means to do so? I looked in the comsol guide but could not find anything.
I hope I was clear enough.

Thanks in advance,

Florent.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 25, 2013, 6:09 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Florent Allain

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 25, 2013, 6:09 a.m. EDT
Hi,
I want the same problem. I want to couple the boundary of 2D model with th entire geometry of a 1D model.
Did you succed in doing it? how?
Thank you in adavance
Hi, I want the same problem. I want to couple the boundary of 2D model with th entire geometry of a 1D model. Did you succed in doing it? how? Thank you in adavance

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.