Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Wrench example question

Konstantinos Bakoulas

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI all. My von Misses stress results when running the wrench simualtion are of the order of 10^-2 MPa. According to they "Introduction to Comsol" pdf and to the video herehttps://www.comsol.com/blogs/model-stresses-strains-comsol-multiphysics/ the stress should be of the order of 10^2 MPa. I am following the instructions to the letter and I tried building the model twice, same results.

Any idea what can be wrong? Has anyone faced the same issue?

2 Replies Last Post Apr 17, 2020, 5:01 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 16, 2020, 1:51 p.m. EDT

Hello Konstantinos,

You can download the mph file for this model at this link and then you will be able to use the Compare tool, which is located under the Developer menu, to determine what is the difference with the model you built.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Konstantinos, You can download the mph file for this model at [this link](https://www.comsol.com/model/stresses-and-strains-in-a-wrench-8502) and then you will be able to use the Compare tool, which is located under the Developer menu, to determine what is the difference with the model you built. Best regards, Jeff

Konstantinos Bakoulas

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 17, 2020, 5:01 a.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Apr 17, 2020, 5:02 a.m. EDT

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your reply. I will check that out.

Hi Jeff Thank you for your reply. I will check that out.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.