Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time varying load in transient PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everybody,

I would like to use the sinusoidal time varying load: sin(pi*t/6) in the simulation for transient PDE.
How to use the time in defining the load?

Thanks in advance.
Rakesh

2 Replies Last Post Jan 7, 2010, 7:27 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 7, 2010, 12:44 a.m. EST
Hi

normally for a transient you set up your load as F=F0*sin(2*pi*f), but mostly when you work with sinus load you shoul use the harmonic mode, where one uses the Fourier space
Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally for a transient you set up your load as F=F0*sin(2*pi*f), but mostly when you work with sinus load you shoul use the harmonic mode, where one uses the Fourier space Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 7, 2010, 7:27 p.m. EST
Ivar,

I am using PDE general form to model the system. How to use the harmonic mode in general form?
Is there any way to use the solution time 't' in the equation ?

Thanks,
Rakesh
Ivar, I am using PDE general form to model the system. How to use the harmonic mode in general form? Is there any way to use the solution time 't' in the equation ? Thanks, Rakesh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.