Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation breaks when adding more than two numeric ports

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to simulate a straight rectangular waveguide with a half ring very close to it. As long as the simulation has two ports it works fine. But as soon as I attach an 3rd numeric port to see how much light is being coupled in the ring, the siulation gives weird results. Can anyone shed any light on what might be the case ?

I am using the wave optics module for the simulation. (Electromagnetics, Frequency Domain)

1 Reply Last Post Dec 13, 2019, 10:56 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Dec 13, 2019, 10:56 p.m. EST
Updated: 4 years ago Dec 13, 2019, 5:56 p.m. EST

My guess is that this is due to an error somewhere in your specification of the many various conditions, solver settings, etc. If you haven't already found those error(s) yourself, then I encourage you to post your model to the forum so that others can take a closer look at it.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
My guess is that this is due to an error somewhere in your specification of the many various conditions, solver settings, etc. If you haven't already found those error(s) yourself, then I encourage you to post your model to the forum so that others can take a closer look at it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.