Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

current on a ring

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hallo everyone , i have a very simple question i guess... in a 3d model i have a copper ring and i want to see the magnetic field generated when there is 500 mA flowing trough the ring , my problem is... where do i set the 500 mA ,

what i did was right click on magnetic and electric fields, then add external current density , and then i get under settings :

0 x
Je 0 y A/m2
0 z

what do i have to write there if i want 500 mA flowing in the ring? or am i totally wrong?

thanks for your help =)

i attach the file just in case i didnt explain it right =)

1 Reply Last Post Nov 22, 2011, 10:05 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 22, 2011, 10:05 a.m. EST
Hi,

you must provide expressions that define the current vector field everywhere in the ring.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, you must provide expressions that define the current vector field everywhere in the ring. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.