Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency Domain Study- new frequency range and step ignored

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

Acoustic-Structure Interaction(acsl)/Study/Step1:Frequency Domain/Study Settings: range()

I've noticed on several occasions that when I change the range and step to new setting the new range and step is ignored and Comsol runs the old settings. I've tried many things but the only thing that worked was to create a new Study with the new range & step settings. Any other ideas that work?
Thanks
Karel

1 Reply Last Post Nov 22, 2011, 7:11 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 22, 2011, 7:11 a.m. EST
Hi

I can remember there was some issues in the early 4.0 but not since.
One thing, if you change something inside the lover study steps nodes, COMSOL considers that you have made a "custom" study sequence, so it will regenerate a new Study case.

When you change the main range in the main study entry, COMSOL generates a lower level node with the parameters copied, if you change these lower level nodes, before (haven't experienced this since 4.1) then this is not overwritten. even if you change the range in the main study node.

In any case, if it's systematic, you should send the info to "support". Here, on the FORUM, we are all users and cannot do that much

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can remember there was some issues in the early 4.0 but not since. One thing, if you change something inside the lover study steps nodes, COMSOL considers that you have made a "custom" study sequence, so it will regenerate a new Study case. When you change the main range in the main study entry, COMSOL generates a lower level node with the parameters copied, if you change these lower level nodes, before (haven't experienced this since 4.1) then this is not overwritten. even if you change the range in the main study node. In any case, if it's systematic, you should send the info to "support". Here, on the FORUM, we are all users and cannot do that much -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.