Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Area measurement with a probe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,
I am trying to calculate a transfer function Zm = F_z(z=L) / W_z(z=0) on a 3D model.

I have a 3D complex geometry, which is varying with a scale factor (x=scale.x_original, y=scale.y_original,z=z_original)
so my cross-section Area_xy is varying with the scale factor

at z=0, there is a prescribed displacement, while in z = L, there is a fixed constraint

W_z = 1 m
F_z = sigma_z . Area(scale)

How can I calculate the Area(scale) ? I am using a parametric sweep study. I cannot find a dedicated probe expression

Regards,
Sylvain

0 Replies Last Post Nov 21, 2011, 10:10 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sylvain Boyer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.