Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Finding the value of X-axis (any variable) when Y-axis value is given?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have the attached figure. This has been extracted from a simulation of COMSOL Multiphysics. I want to get the 27.6% of the maximum Maximum Electric field normal (shown in Y-axis) and as well as the corresponding Arc length value (shown in X-axis) at that point. It is manually possible to get both 27.6% of Maximum Electric field normal and the corresponding Arc length. But I want to do that automatically by the COMSOL software. Is it possible in COMSOL Multiphysics? Can anyone help me regarding this?

1 Reply Last Post Aug 23, 2019, 2:17 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 23, 2019, 2:17 p.m. EDT

Hello Rabiul,

I assume that you know that the graph is monotonously decreasing from its peak value to less than 27.6% of its peak value over the arc in question, so that the graph does not take the value 0.276 times its max multiple times. If so, you could do the following:

Step 1: Use a Maximum component coupling to get the peak value. I'll call that component coupling maxop1 here (It's the default name for the first maximum operator you define in your model).

Step 2: Under Derived Values, use a Line Integration on that same arc to integrate the boolean "V>maxop1(V)" (Replace V by the actual name of the quantity in your plot).

I am attaching an example.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Rabiul, I assume that you know that the graph is monotonously decreasing from its peak value to less than 27.6% of its peak value over the arc in question, so that the graph does not take the value 0.276 times its max multiple times. If so, you could do the following: Step 1: Use a Maximum component coupling to get the peak value. I'll call that component coupling maxop1 here (It's the default name for the first maximum operator you define in your model). Step 2: Under Derived Values, use a Line Integration on that same arc to integrate the boolean "V>maxop1(V)" (Replace V by the actual name of the quantity in your plot). I am attaching an example. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.