Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have created a model in comsol 5.4 , when I use Comsol to mesh it under Physical field control. It reported errors, however , I dont know how to mesh it by user control because it is relatively complex. Can anyone help me try to mesh it ? I would be very grateful. attachment is the comsol file. Thank you in advance!

2 Replies Last Post May 26, 2019, 9:28 p.m. EDT

Posted: 5 years ago May 25, 2019, 7:13 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago May 25, 2019, 7:13 a.m. EDT

Hi !

This is a situation where one could give a fish or teach how to fish ... Meshing is a critical part of getting reliable solutions.

Your model might be set-up correctly, the solver might converge, and the solution might look reasonable and yet: if the meshing is not adapted, you could get wrong results.

I recommend investing the time on reading the documentation about meshing, and general tips about how to check if your mesh is fine enough that are available in various places. I guarantee it will be worth the time and effort. ;-)

Hi ! This is a situation where one could give a fish or teach how to fish ... Meshing is a critical part of getting reliable solutions. Your model might be set-up correctly, the solver might converge, and the solution might look reasonable and yet: if the meshing is not adapted, you could get wrong results. I recommend investing the time on reading the documentation about meshing, and general tips about how to check if your mesh is fine enough that are available in various places. I guarantee it will be worth the time and effort. ;-)

Posted: 5 years ago May 26, 2019, 9:28 p.m. EDT

Hi !

This is a situation where one could give a fish or teach how to fish ... Meshing is a critical part of getting reliable solutions.

Your model might be set-up correctly, the solver might converge, and the solution might look reasonable and yet: if the meshing is not adapted, you could get wrong results.

I recommend investing the time on reading the documentation about meshing, and general tips about how to check if your mesh is fine enough that are available in various places. I guarantee it will be worth the time and effort. ;-)

Thank you ,I know some basic knowledge, but for this problem this model ,I feel a bit difficult to mesh it . If it is convenient could you help me look at it ? when I try to mesh it ,it always gets errors

>Hi ! > >This is a situation where one could give a fish or teach how to fish ... Meshing is a critical part of getting reliable solutions. > >Your model might be set-up correctly, the solver might converge, and the solution might look reasonable and yet: if the meshing is not adapted, you could get wrong results. > >I recommend investing the time on reading the documentation about meshing, and general tips about how to check if your mesh is fine enough that are available in various places. I guarantee it will be worth the time and effort. ;-) Thank you ,I know some basic knowledge, but for this problem this model ,I feel a bit difficult to mesh it . If it is convenient could you help me look at it ? when I try to mesh it ,it always gets errors

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.