Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D plot from a 2D model

Marie Seltveit Haugen

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I'm new to COMSOL and I have a question. I have made a 2D transient heat transfer analysis of a tank. Now I want to plot the average temperature in the tank against time (the heat loss as a function of time). Is it possible? How do I define the data for the plot?

Thank you in advance!

1 Reply Last Post Oct 31, 2011, 7:09 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 31, 2011, 7:09 a.m. EDT
Hi Marie:

From "data sets", duplicate the solution, right click it to to create a selection of your interest -- a tank. Right click "data sets", create a "average", it's data set is the duplicated solution. Then create a 1D plot group, point graph, data set "average". That's it.

Another method is using "derived values", choose selection, then plot it.
Hi Marie: From "data sets", duplicate the solution, right click it to to create a selection of your interest -- a tank. Right click "data sets", create a "average", it's data set is the duplicated solution. Then create a 1D plot group, point graph, data set "average". That's it. Another method is using "derived values", choose selection, then plot it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.