Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to ensure convergence

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am new in Comsol. I encountered a problem ,the computing remain 93% for a long time, and the convergence curve always fluctuated. The figure is attached. Anyone konw how to solve this problem, and accelerate the convergence.

2 Replies Last Post May 9, 2019, 8:25 a.m. EDT

Posted: 5 years ago May 9, 2019, 3:49 a.m. EDT

Hi,

Convergence depends on many things so it would be hard to help you without more information about your model and how you encountered the problem.

In general for convergence issues you want to play a little bit with the solver's parameters, so I encourage you to read the doc on it and make your tests!

Hi, Convergence depends on many things so it would be hard to help you without more information about your model and how you encountered the problem. In general for convergence issues you want to play a little bit with the solver's parameters, so I encourage you to read the doc on it and make your tests!

Posted: 5 years ago May 9, 2019, 8:25 a.m. EDT

thank you very much!!

thank you very much!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.