Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem in using the data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi
I am working in heat transfer model and trying to use the result which is in 3D plot group. I want to have the digram of Temparture respect to the raduice but I cant do it in COMSOL, the 1D Plot group does not include the final values, just the X, and Y. Also I cant choose the necessary points in Point graph. I think about exporting data to another software but the exported data is not useful because the 3 Dimonsions and the result are not in an arranged orther, so how can I get a usefule ordered data or get the result in another software?
thanks

1 Reply Last Post Oct 13, 2011, 5:03 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 13, 2011, 5:03 a.m. EDT
Hi

Hi if you have x&y then normally

rxy=sqrt(x'2+y^2)

or more generally

rxy=sqrt((x-x0)^2+(y-y0)^2)

That you can define as Definition Variables, and then refer to (they become active once you have solved the model, or that you have refreshed the existing one

But you can also right click "Define - Coordinates" a cylindrical coordinate system, then you can use "sys2.r" or whatever the new name of the variable is

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Hi if you have x&y then normally rxy=sqrt(x'2+y^2) or more generally rxy=sqrt((x-x0)^2+(y-y0)^2) That you can define as Definition Variables, and then refer to (they become active once you have solved the model, or that you have refreshed the existing one But you can also right click "Define - Coordinates" a cylindrical coordinate system, then you can use "sys2.r" or whatever the new name of the variable is -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.