Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inlet flow boundaries inside the domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to evaluate the air flow inside an ice rink. So I try to define the ventilation inlet like a boundary surface somewhere in the top of the domain. But the boundaries are inside the domain and not in the wall of the ceiling. I want to skip the duct system, but when I try to define the inlet boundary in the physics sector , it gives the error that the boundary is not applicable. Could you help me to define them?

1 Reply Last Post Sep 20, 2018, 5:44 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Sep 20, 2018, 5:44 p.m. EDT

You need to deduct the duct volume from air space. Then you can use one wall of the duct as inlet.

You need to deduct the duct volume from air space. Then you can use one wall of the duct as inlet.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.