Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error Message: Undefined Value Found

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

We recently installed COMSOL 4.2. (We've been using COMSOL 3.5a, so we are trying to create the same model on COMSOL 4.2. The model works with COMSOL 3.5a version)

Basically, I am working on "Transport of Diluted Species" module, where I want periodic condition from left and right of my slab of brick and mortar geometry.

I set my bricks to be impermeable by putting zero diffusivity, and I put a value for mortar geometry. And I set top mortar to have a certain concentration (infinite source), and I set the bottom mortar to have zero concentration (infinite sink). My brick and mortar is a 2D geometry, and I put periodic condition on left and right side of my rectangular slab. I basically want my solutes to go through mortar pathway, but for some reasons, it's not working on this model.

I guess I am doing something wrong, I got below error message from COMSOL 4.2

Undefined value found.
- Detail: Undefined value found in the stiffness matrix.
There are 253 equations giving NaN/Inf in the matrix rows for the variable mod1.c
at coordinates: (4.01e-005,1.75e-005), (4.01e-005,1.74437e-005), (4.01e-005,1.73683e-005), (4.01e-005,1.72675e-005), (4.01e-005,1.71327e-005), ...
and similarly for the degrees of freedom, NaN/Inf in the matrix columns

What am I doing wrong?

2 Replies Last Post Nov 26, 2011, 6:03 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jinhwa Chun

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2011, 12:31 p.m. EDT
Hi,
I have a very similar problem... I think that it is caused by the diffusivity set to zero... but, as you, I need to set it to zero! Did you solve the problem?
Hi, I have a very similar problem... I think that it is caused by the diffusivity set to zero... but, as you, I need to set it to zero! Did you solve the problem?

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 26, 2011, 6:03 a.m. EST
Guys, have you solved the problem?

I am facing the same problem for my microwaves heating model...
Guys, have you solved the problem? I am facing the same problem for my microwaves heating model...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.