Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Different results after exporting to Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a problem related to scaling of variables that occurs when saving the mph-file as m-file and to use this file in Matlab (Livelink).
First of all, I noticed that under model.results, the units of dependent variables disappeared. Matlab gives errors but I filled in these between the empty brackets.
The problem I have is that the variables are scaled when running the simulation from Matlab, so that the results I get from Matlab are different from these in Comsol (factor 1000).
I would like to know how to extract correct values in Matlab.

2 Replies Last Post May 12, 2011, 4:23 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 11, 2011, 4:42 a.m. EDT
Hi

could it be that you model in mm and you read out in m ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi could it be that you model in mm and you read out in m ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 12, 2011, 4:23 a.m. EDT
Dear Ivar,
It was indeed related to an error in passing variables.
Thanks for your reply anyway.

Best regards,

Christine Ruwisch
Dear Ivar, It was indeed related to an error in passing variables. Thanks for your reply anyway. Best regards, Christine Ruwisch

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.