Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Discretization tool not available

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm attempting to switch the discretization in a solid mechanics beam problem from linear to quadratic lagrange elements (or back again.) From what I understand most people can see the discretization option under the solid mechanics dropdown menu, but I do not. I have tried restarting the geometry etc from scratch several times, and I could not find a similar issue in previous forum articles. Please advise!!

I have linked screenshots of my COMSOL console, vs. a friends' who can see the discretization option.

1 Reply Last Post May 22, 2018, 11:13 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago May 22, 2018, 11:13 a.m. EDT

Click on the Show icon at the top of the Model Builder window (It's the one with a drawing of an eye on it) and from the drop-down menu check "Discretization".

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Click on the Show icon at the top of the Model Builder window (It's the one with a drawing of an eye on it) and from the drop-down menu check "Discretization". Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.