Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle tracing with mass

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I have a problem with particle tracing with mass.
I would like to simulate a system of particles with micrometer radius, subject to weak forces.
The forces are calculated with a Stationary studio.
The “particle tracing with mass” post-processing works correctly with a particle with a radius bigger than 25-50 micrometer (therefore with a relative “big” mass). With a radius having these values I can see the tracing of the particles for a time of 0,5 second with only 1000 iteration.
If I reduce the radius, thus the mass of the particles, the simulation really slow down and it need more than 10.000 iteration to have a tracing of few millisecond.
I would like to increase the tracing total time of the micrometer radius particle without increasing too much the number of iteration.
Is it possible? I have changed the relative tolerance, and if I increase it too much (e.g. 0.1) the solution is non correct.
What could I do? Is it possible to set up a total tracing time?
T hank you very much.
Nic

0 Replies Last Post Apr 11, 2011, 6:04 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nicola Bettin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.