Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

view cross section mesh

Alex Moreno Bellostes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to see the mesh of an inner element of a cylinder, then I want to make cut in longitudinal section, how can I do it.
Thank you

3 Replies Last Post Jan 18, 2017, 11:53 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 18, 2017, 11:08 a.m. EST
Hello Alex,
You do that by adding a Filter to your Mesh plot, see e.g. www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/121691
Best,
Jeff
Hello Alex, You do that by adding a Filter to your Mesh plot, see e.g. https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/121691 Best, Jeff

Alex Moreno Bellostes

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 18, 2017, 11:23 a.m. EST
Hi, thanks for all,

i had problems because the units of bolean are meters and i'mworking with milimeters
Hi, thanks for all, i had problems because the units of bolean are meters and i'mworking with milimeters

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 18, 2017, 11:53 a.m. EST
OK. I presume you've figured by now that you can use square brackets to denote units, so you can use something like

y<20[mm]

as a filter if you don't want to do the conversion "manually" to y<.02.
Jeff
OK. I presume you've figured by now that you can use square brackets to denote units, so you can use something like y

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.