Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

visualising subdomain expresions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I used Boundary Distance Variable to separate a subdomain into two parts - one was embedded inside the other. (because of the complex and irregular geometry it isn't possible to divide the subdomain using the draw tools)

Expressions were defined for each part.

Now I want to visualize the solution only in the inner part. Is there a certain way that I can make the outer part completely transparent and visualise the solution only in the inner part? I have tried to change the colour scale settings in post processing but unfortunately these don't allow us to use transparency as a colour.

Thanks for any tips

Amr

1 Reply Last Post Oct 12, 2009, 1:48 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2009, 1:48 a.m. EDT
Hi

When working with complex geometry (before the solution is there) you have the "hide element" and "show all" that allows you to reduce the complexity of the apparant geometry, this is handy for picking small features ans setting up BC (boudary consitions on complex systems), unfortunately there is no simple tick list to select items per name, you must use the mouse, item per item, and at best get them all back and re-start from scratch in case of error.

Then for postprocessing, in the "General" tab you have the "Elemen" tick box, thereafter you can select limits such as (x<100) or (x<100)*(y<10) etc, but yo can also make more complex selections

More in the documentation, about postprocessing and plots

Hope it helps
Good luck
Hi When working with complex geometry (before the solution is there) you have the "hide element" and "show all" that allows you to reduce the complexity of the apparant geometry, this is handy for picking small features ans setting up BC (boudary consitions on complex systems), unfortunately there is no simple tick list to select items per name, you must use the mouse, item per item, and at best get them all back and re-start from scratch in case of error. Then for postprocessing, in the "General" tab you have the "Elemen" tick box, thereafter you can select limits such as (x

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.