Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: fem.appl{1}.bnd.type{1} must have any of the values 'Js', 'A', 'A0'

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I'm trying to model a generator with Comsol through MATLAB.
For now I have almost done a copy/paste of the Comsol example "generator 2d" for what concerns the boundaries properties. So, as in this example, I want the outside boundary to be of type 'Magnetic insulation' and the others to be 'continuous'.
I wrote this:
bnd.type = {'cont','A0'};

but then I got this error, by calling multiphysics(fem).
I don't understand why I can't use the type 'cont'? Although there is no problem in "generator 2d".

Here is another line that might be related :
appl.shape = {'shlag(2,''lm1'')','shlag(2,''Az'')'};

Thanks
Ronan

4 Replies Last Post May 17, 2010, 11:06 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 27, 2009, 6:12 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I am getting the same error (in Chemical Eng module):

fem.appl{2}.bnd.type{1} must have any of the values 'C'

with the boundaries defined as:

bnd.type = {'N0', 'cont', 'C', 'N', 'Nc'};
bnd.c0 = {0, 0, 'c_in', 0, 0};
bnd.N = {0, 0, 0, 'v*c*(1-R)', 0};

Has anyone got an answer (from Comsol?)?
Cristian
Hi, I am getting the same error (in Chemical Eng module): fem.appl{2}.bnd.type{1} must have any of the values 'C' with the boundaries defined as: bnd.type = {'N0', 'cont', 'C', 'N', 'Nc'}; bnd.c0 = {0, 0, 'c_in', 0, 0}; bnd.N = {0, 0, 0, 'v*c*(1-R)', 0}; Has anyone got an answer (from Comsol?)? Cristian

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 27, 2009, 6:13 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I am getting the same error (in Chemical Eng module):

fem.appl{2}.bnd.type{1} must have any of the values 'C'

with the boundaries defined as:

bnd.type = {'N0', 'cont', 'C', 'N', 'Nc'};
bnd.c0 = {0, 0, 'c_in', 0, 0};
bnd.N = {0, 0, 0, 'v*c*(1-R)', 0};

Has anyone got an answer (from Comsol?)?
Cristian
Hi, I am getting the same error (in Chemical Eng module): fem.appl{2}.bnd.type{1} must have any of the values 'C' with the boundaries defined as: bnd.type = {'N0', 'cont', 'C', 'N', 'Nc'}; bnd.c0 = {0, 0, 'c_in', 0, 0}; bnd.N = {0, 0, 0, 'v*c*(1-R)', 0}; Has anyone got an answer (from Comsol?)? Cristian

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 27, 2009, 8:27 a.m. EDT
Hi,

In the meanwhile I solved my problem myself.
The reason for the error was that I had made a mistake allocating the boundaries. For example, when a boundary is an external boundary for the whole assembly, Comsol then only allows a certain value for this boundary. In my case the outer perimeter boundaries couldn't be set to 'continuous'.
I hope this helps
Bye

Ronan
Hi, In the meanwhile I solved my problem myself. The reason for the error was that I had made a mistake allocating the boundaries. For example, when a boundary is an external boundary for the whole assembly, Comsol then only allows a certain value for this boundary. In my case the outer perimeter boundaries couldn't be set to 'continuous'. I hope this helps Bye Ronan

Posted: 1 decade ago May 17, 2010, 11:06 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I've got the same trouble.

COMSOL uses a different syntax depending on the application mode you are using.
For instance, to set a "no diffusive flux condition" there is a different syntax in the Earth Science module and in the Chemical Eng. Module.

My suggestion is to set a new (very simple) model using the COMSOL GIU, then save as M-file and look at the syntax.

This is what I did to solve my problem and fix the error...it works!

Bye,
Iacopo
Hi, I've got the same trouble. COMSOL uses a different syntax depending on the application mode you are using. For instance, to set a "no diffusive flux condition" there is a different syntax in the Earth Science module and in the Chemical Eng. Module. My suggestion is to set a new (very simple) model using the COMSOL GIU, then save as M-file and look at the syntax. This is what I did to solve my problem and fix the error...it works! Bye, Iacopo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.