COMSOL India is seeking an Applications Engineer with a specialty in Structural Mechanics to join its Bangalore office. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in the finite element method, solid mechanics, and numerical methods. A background in any kind of nonlinear material modeling (elastoplasticity, viscoelasticity, hyperelasticity, viscoplasticity), contact modeling, or fatigue modeling is required. Any experience in multiphysics analysis and/ or knowledge of acoustic modeling, wave propagation in fluids and solids, piezoelectric devices, surface acoustic waves or other such acoustics related topics is desirable.
- Provide personalized on-line product demonstrations of the COMSOL Multiphysics product suite to potential and existing customers in government, industry, and academia. In this role, you will assist the Sales Team by providing technical information about how to use COMSOL Multiphysics to solve a variety of challenging scientific and engineering problems.
- Present webinars covering specialized modeling topics that are broadcast to general worldwide audience of COMSOL Multiphysics users and potential users. In this role, you will work with the Technical Marketing Team to develop and present relevant technical material.
- Engage existing customers, via phone and on-line/on-site, in technical conversations to help them expand their usage of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Provide technical support, via email and phone, by addressing technical questions, providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance in a wide variety of application areas.
- Occasional travel for various COMSOL events to engage with current and potential COMSOL users.
- Service-minded, business-oriented, outgoing personality, adaptive and flexible.
- Willing to work with customers on a daily basis.
- Strong presentation skills, both in-person and on-line.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical skills in numerical analysis, physics, and COMSOL Multiphysics modeling.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning all engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling.
- 5-10% travel per month.
- One year relevant field experience.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Applications Engineer: Structural Mechanics
indicates required field
Cover Letter and Resume