Amphos 21 Consulting
Since 1994, AMPHOS 21 has offered its services in the areas of scientific, technical, and strategic environmental consulting. Our headquarters are in Spain, with additional offices located in Chile, Peru, and France.
We specialize in offering consultancy services related to the following markets:
- Nuclear and industrial waste management
- Water resources and hydrogeology
- Geosciences and geochemistry
- Carbon capture and storage
- Oil and gas
- Environmental management and energy
- Civil engineering
AMPHOS 21 provides access to a variety of specialists with high levels of technical proficiencies to meet the needs of a dynamic and increasingly specialized market. In addition to our advanced computational modeling abilities, we are proficient in running studies of site characterizations, executing and monitoring hydrogeological exploration, and performing laboratory studies. Our consulting group services the market through a tight synergy between our expert scientists and our experienced modelers. The scientists have extensive knowledge in areas such as chemistry, geochemistry, hydrogeology, and physics, while the modelers hold strong backgrounds within mathematics, physics, and computer science.
Areas of Expertise
Our main fields of expertise within simulating multiphysics and coupled processes include the following:
- Multiphase flow simulations
- From large reservoirs to the pore/fracture scale
- Nonisothermal multiphase reactive transport
- Near-field evolution of engineered barrier systems
- Large-scale reservoir behavior
- Reactive transport
- Coupled thermo-hydro-chemical analyses
- Modeling of coupled processes in geosciences and engineering
- Computational solid mechanics
- Plasticity, damage, and fracture mechanics
- High-performance computing (HPC) and advanced computational analyses
- Development of tailor-made physics user interfaces in COMSOL Multiphysics
- Inverse parameter estimation and sensitivity analysis
Featured COMSOL Multiphysics Projects
Below are examples of our COMSOL Multiphysics simulation projects.
Model of groundwater flow across a rock vault for low and intermediate level radioactive waste:
This image depicts the water head in the waste compartments, flow streamlines, and hydraulic conductivity of the fractured rock surrounding the repository (isosurface plot).
Simulation of the reactive transport processes in compacted bentonite from a prototype experiment of a nuclear waste underground repository:
This model shows the unit fraction of sodium occupancy in the cation exchanger of the bentonite column after six months of hydration and heating.
Model of a pit lake flooding after the closure of a mine:
This image shows the water head distribution in a 3D hydrogeological model involving several geology strata, two rivers, and water recharge conditions.
Model of the large-scale dewatering of a mine, created using the Subsurface Flow Module:
This illustrates the steady-state groundwater pressure head as well as the hydrogeological impact produced by mine dewatering.
Address & Contact Information
AMPHOS 21 CONSULTING, S.L.
Paseo de García Faria, 49-51
Tel.: +34 93 583 05 00
AMPHOS 21 CONSULTING CHILE Ltda.
San Sebastián 2839, of. 701-A
Las Condes, 7550180 SANTIAGO DE CHILE
Tel.: +56 2 7991630
AMPHOS 21 CONSULTING PERU, S.A.C.
Av. del Parque Sur 661, San Borja
Tel.: +511 592-1275
AMPHOS 21 CONSULTING FRANCE SARL
14 Avenue de l´Opéra
Tel.: +33 1 46946917