Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hexagonal periodic array...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to apply Floquet periodicity to a Hexagonal array of dielectric rods in an another dielectric matrix and calculate mode field distribution at a particular k-point of Brillouin zone for a particular frequency. Can you tell me how should I apply that boundary condition so that I can use my desired k-point at ease.

Thanking you...

1 Reply Last Post Sep 9, 2014, 8:50 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 9, 2014, 8:50 a.m. EDT
The floquet boundary conditions are used in the Wave optics module -> Gratings and Metamaterials -> plasmonic wire grating example in the Model Libraries. You can see in that example how it is used. Only now you have to put three 'Periodic Condition' nodes, one for every pair of opposing faces. Also in this example they have used the 'copy edge' node in the mesh settings to make sure that the meshing of the opposing faces is equal, I am not sure if this is important.
The floquet boundary conditions are used in the Wave optics module -> Gratings and Metamaterials -> plasmonic wire grating example in the Model Libraries. You can see in that example how it is used. Only now you have to put three 'Periodic Condition' nodes, one for every pair of opposing faces. Also in this example they have used the 'copy edge' node in the mesh settings to make sure that the meshing of the opposing faces is equal, I am not sure if this is important.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.