Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Create bidirectional inlet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to model an elastic chamber that will fill with CO2 gas based on a chemical reaction in the center of the chamber. The gas and also expended reactant (liquid) expand into a series of chambers equipped with baffles. There are also vents allowing the gas to escape when a certain pressure is reached.

The study is to understand how varying baffle dimensions and path lengths affects the inflation of the balloon as a function of time. As a first cut, I was trying to add a boundary in the center of main domain and set that boundary as a bidirectional inlet. That does not appear to work.

It's unlikely that the chemical reaction component can be easily modeled, however, it would be helpful as a start to have a bidirectional inlet in the center of the structure. The opposing ends would be outlets.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Art

1 Reply Last Post Sep 9, 2014, 8:42 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 9, 2014, 8:42 a.m. EDT
I would place a small sphere at the location where the reaction takes place, and put an inlet boundary condition on its surface. The total influx should then equal the total gas generation rate.
I would place a small sphere at the location where the reaction takes place, and put an inlet boundary condition on its surface. The total influx should then equal the total gas generation rate.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.