Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

USE of Ambient Temperature in AC/DC module

Khondokar Mohammad Fazle Rabbi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
I am new in this forum. I have built a AC/DC module model. Now I want to analyze the changes in different parameters for a certain ambient temperature range. Do I need to add any more physics. If yes, then which physics?

3 Replies Last Post Sep 9, 2014, 2:32 a.m. EDT

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 8, 2014, 10:10 a.m. EDT
What are the effects that you want to study? Is there also heat generation in your circuit? I mean, do you expect your whole circuit to be more or less at the same temperature everywhere, or do you also have to model how heat distributions will develop?
What are the effects that you want to study? Is there also heat generation in your circuit? I mean, do you expect your whole circuit to be more or less at the same temperature everywhere, or do you also have to model how heat distributions will develop?

Khondokar Mohammad Fazle Rabbi

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 8, 2014, 12:18 p.m. EDT
I want to measure the changes in resistivity of my model with respect to ambient temperature. I am not considering any heat generation in my model, so the temperature will be more or less same to the whole model.
I want to measure the changes in resistivity of my model with respect to ambient temperature. I am not considering any heat generation in my model, so the temperature will be more or less same to the whole model.

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 9, 2014, 2:32 a.m. EDT
Then you can write for the resistivities of your different elements an expression that depends on temperature, and you can define this temperature for your whole model, and either change it manually or with a parameter sweep. You do not need extra physics.
Then you can write for the resistivities of your different elements an expression that depends on temperature, and you can define this temperature for your whole model, and either change it manually or with a parameter sweep. You do not need extra physics.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.