Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mixture of materials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey.

It can be used as material mix more materials?

Thank you.

5 Replies Last Post Apr 3, 2013, 4:58 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2013, 3:26 a.m. EDT
Hi

do you mean you have an alloy or a mixture of liquids ? THis can be done but COMSOL does not know how this mixture behaves. For chemistry and liquids you have special 2 (or more?) species physics check the doc.

But for i.e. solid its trickier as i.e. mixing iron and nickel gives you many "different" materials all depending on ratio temperature history ... and with very different material properties such as E, nu, rho, alpha(T) ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi do you mean you have an alloy or a mixture of liquids ? THis can be done but COMSOL does not know how this mixture behaves. For chemistry and liquids you have special 2 (or more?) species physics check the doc. But for i.e. solid its trickier as i.e. mixing iron and nickel gives you many "different" materials all depending on ratio temperature history ... and with very different material properties such as E, nu, rho, alpha(T) ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2013, 4:51 a.m. EDT
But the moist air mixture is known for Comsol, but when it is used, so the solver fails and writes an error or not complete the calculation.

Similarly, if we use a porous material in AC / DC solver writes a mistake without me set other inputs.

Thank you.
But the moist air mixture is known for Comsol, but when it is used, so the solver fails and writes an error or not complete the calculation. Similarly, if we use a porous material in AC / DC solver writes a mistake without me set other inputs. Thank you.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2013, 6:54 a.m. EDT
Hi

true COMSOL has added the moist air mixture lately, that is handy.

But so far I haven't seen any error with it, so you need to upload you models for us out here to be more specific, like that it's too vague and I do not know what to answer ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi true COMSOL has added the moist air mixture lately, that is handy. But so far I haven't seen any error with it, so you need to upload you models for us out here to be more specific, like that it's too vague and I do not know what to answer ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2013, 10:31 a.m. EDT
Hey.

Tray this:

1.in new models give rectangle, ac \ dc \ mf (magnetic field)
2.A mf open Ampers Law and forth to adjust the part of the magnetic permeability
poros material
3.click study compute

and send me a reply or error.

part of the amount of porous material I enter 0.4.

Thank you very much.
Hey. Tray this: 1.in new models give rectangle, ac \ dc \ mf (magnetic field) 2.A mf open Ampers Law and forth to adjust the part of the magnetic permeability poros material 3.click study compute and send me a reply or error. part of the amount of porous material I enter 0.4. Thank you very much.

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 3, 2013, 4:58 p.m. EDT
Hi

but if you have a porous media you need at least 2 materials (applied to the same domain, no?)
Check the doc/help the Porous node requires some settings and the sum of porosities should sum up to 1

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi but if you have a porous media you need at least 2 materials (applied to the same domain, no?) Check the doc/help the Porous node requires some settings and the sum of porosities should sum up to 1 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.