Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: 7248: Undefined value found.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I tried to solve a 3-D model with a fine mesh. half way through the program stopped and I got this message:

Error: 7248 Undefined value found.

When I click Details, there are two lines in red that say:

Warning: Inverted mesh element near coordinates (-1.77019e-007, -2.22981e-007, 1.97417e-006)
Warning: Inverted mesh element near coordinates (-1.77019e-007, -2.22981e-007, 1.97417e-006)

What's the problem? Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 25, 2012, 9:59 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 25, 2012, 9:59 a.m. EST
Hi

thre is no one onvious asue, as you so not say much about your model. something is hapenning cloe to the location 0,0,0 with a poor mesh quality, or some singularity, butindeed without knowing which variable is undefined (underfloe or overflow ?) it's not possible to really say much more ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi thre is no one onvious asue, as you so not say much about your model. something is hapenning cloe to the location 0,0,0 with a poor mesh quality, or some singularity, butindeed without knowing which variable is undefined (underfloe or overflow ?) it's not possible to really say much more ... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.