Soft magnetic material not acting as soft magentic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am trying to do some magenetic field simulation with multi-turn solenoids that are current driven to provide the electro-magnetic excitation. However, when the simulation finished the iron in the design does not apear to be affecting the field at all. I have tried several options from the material liberary, I noticed that whenI have had this work in the past, on the material properties itself there are ticked boxes with electrical conductivity and some other perameters. That is not happen now with my current simulation. Am I setting up the model wrong? Any suggestions are welcome.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 19, 2024, 12:34 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 months ago Feb 19, 2024, 12:34 p.m. EST
Updated: 2 months ago Feb 19, 2024, 12:29 p.m. EST

My guess is yes, that you are setting up the model wrong. Other folks here might be able to guess in more detail about the error, based on your description. But the probability of a helpful reply will be increased if you can post your .mph file to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
My guess is yes, that you are setting up the model wrong. Other folks here might be able to guess in more detail about the error, based on your description. But the probability of a helpful reply will be increased if you can post your .mph file to the forum.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.