Change Material Properties based on First Solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all, I am trying to do a two iteration study in which:

1/First iteration: run a parametric study with a parameter (a) taking values from 1 to 80.

2/ for EVERY value(a) use two Variables from the first study and calculate a NEW value e.g.: A(x,y,z)* b(x,y,z) = c(x,y,z).

3/second iteration:set a specific material property based on the new value c(x,y,z) and run the parametric study again with the same geometry but different physics settings.

So basically the function c has 4 arguments x,y,z and a. If i run the first iteration and export the data then it would have the columns (x,y,z,a=0,a=1,a=2.......a= 80)

If I want to load this result into an interpolation function then i have to specify the (position in file) every time I run the simulation (so 80 times for the second iteration). IS there any way to automate the (position in file) in an interpolation function based on a parametric sweep, if not, is there any way to achieve what's above?

• i do not know how to use Matlab or Comsol Application builder

0 Replies Last Post Feb 16, 2024, 10:40 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hakam Al Zouabi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.